Friday, July 28, 2006

TV Boyfriends: Lee "Apollo" Adama

This Captain...er...Commander can have my hand anytime. Since recently becoming obsessed with the Battlestar Galactica Season Three promo, I've been giving Apollo a lot of thought...not that I didn't do that already. Listen: imagine there's less than 50,000 people left to choose from (less than 25,000 if you're picky about gender). With those odds, when you find an relatively stable guy who's this attractive, you stop looking and start obsessing.

Of course, with a sample size that small, you're not going to find the perfect guy. But let's see how close Apollo comes.

Pros:

- If your Viper needs piloting, look no further. This guy knows how to handle his bird with finesse.

- Loyal beyond reason. If you're lost or hurt, he'll search for you and care for you beyond what you'd expect or hope for.

- When he grins, he lights up a room. It's a smile so open and boyish, it could make you forget about the constant threat of human extinction by Cylons.

- If you do something wrong -- like, say, shoot him -- he'll forgive you. (Note: this may not extend to making out with other guys in front of him.)

- Insert witty comment here while I just stare at his abs. Or arms. Or jaw. Ack! So much chiseled flesh, cannot look away!

Cons:

- Already involved with Dualla (just physical?) and Kara (definitely emotional).

- Father, dead brother, and ditched fiancee issues lead to him being just a wee bit tortured. (Fortunately, he wears angst well.)

- May have developed an addiction to noodles during year on Galactica while protecting New Caprica.

I think it's a safe bet to say that if the charming Jamie Bamber, who plays Lee, were ever to use his genuine British accent on the show, I'd probably spontaneously combust.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a confession to make.

Two days ago, I was in the car on my way to someplace or other, trying to find a decent song on the radio when I had a small freak-out: Today was TV Boyfriend day and I completely forgot!

As much of a non-life as I have, I usually don't stress over missing something on the Internet, but for some reason, TV&S did that to me.

Okay, I think that's enough ranting on my part, which just leaves a question: Are we allowed to make suggestions for future TV Boyfriends?

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Veltman said...

I'm glad TV Boyfriends have become an important part of your life. More satisfying than just me obsessing over their hotness all the time! ;)

And yes, suggestions are certainly allowed! I've got a whole list of ideas and will be happy to add yours to it. Who knows--he might already be on there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home