Thursday, August 03, 2006

Joobie is just like everyone else

I'm not a big reality TV person. I think I've said before that it's just hard for me to get involved or care too much about it. I've never cared about Survivor, or Big Brother, or The Biggest Loser. The few months in 2004 when my roommate decided Fantasia Barrino was the best thing since sliced bread where among the more unpleasant of my life. (Just kidding, Corey.)

That said, I love Kelly Clarkson. I think she's a great singer, and a classy dame, and I loved watching her rise to fame on the first season of American Idol. I didn't watch too much of it--just a few episodes with my coworkers, and then the finale. And at the time, I felt like I was watching something truly magical: the transformation from an ordinary person to a star. That's what the American Idol folks were hoping to achieve, but I only feel like they succeeded with it the first time. When she belted out "Respect" in one of her earliest performances, it was a shock of talent that ran a shiver down my spine.

And now, just like GMMR and Jonas, I've seen Kelly in concert. And I have to say, I still feel that magic. I still think Kelly is doing what she was meant to do. And if a reality TV show got her there, well, then I suppose they can't be all bad.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I heart KC. I want her to be my friend. : )

I am oh so jealous of your funtimes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home