Saturday, May 06, 2006

Frankie says relax. It must be Saturday!

It's a gorgeous Saturday, sunny with a hint of a breeze. The birds are digging it, chirping up a storm (not literally). And what am I doing today? I'm going apartment hunting. This face, right here? My over-the-moon face.

For those of you not lucky enough to be experiencing some sublime spring weather yourselves, there's always the good old reliable telly to be enjoyed.

O Brother, Where Art Thou (4PM, TBS): Really wonderful music and some excellent loose-limbed dancing from George Clooney. If you're like me, you'll head for a snack during the whole John Goodman scene, 'cause he gives me the heebie jeebies.

Gilda (5PM, TCM): Rita Hayworth in her classic hair-flipping role. If you saw Notting Hill and wondered what movie Julia Roberts was referencing during the morning after with Hugh ("They go to bed with Gilda; then they wake up with me"), this is it. Watch it for the iconic performance that made Hayworth a star.

Gangs of New York (7:30PM, Bravo): Daniel Day Lewis, who was uptight and prissy in one of my favorite movies ever, plays a gangster sporting a sweet handlebar moustache and a serious 'tude. Too bad he solves his conflicts through violence, rather than karmic reparations, like another mustachioed misfit I know.

Seabiscuit (8PM, ABC): A Best Picture nominee that I've never seen -- now isn't that shameful? Especially when it has Chris Cooper, who I absolutely love, and Tobey Maguire, who I've absolutely lusted after.

The Goonies (8PM, ABC Family): Sloth love Chunk.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (8PM, FX): What would really be extraordinary is if watching this movie didn't make me want to saw off my own head rather than sit through it, as the trailers indicated it would.

What I'll be watching: the heartwarming horse film, of course...unless nostalgia gets the best of me and decide that I love Chunk too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home