Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The VM/BSG connection

Battlestar Galactica and Veronica Mars have lots of things in common: great writing, stellar acting, and a devoted fan base.

But did you also know they have The Education of Max Bickford in common? I'm guessing you didn't. Max Bickford was a show starring Richard Dreyfuss that ran for just one season back in 2001. Why is it notable? Because it starred Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck! With 'punky' pink hair!) as Dreyfuss' daughter and Rob Thomas (god of Neptune and Mars) was a writer for the show. Who knew such quality would come out of a show watched by so few? Certainly not me -- I never caught an episode. (And it isn't out on DVD, so it looks like I never will.)

Did any of you catch it and want to offer commentary? Was it boring? Did it offer glimpses of burgeoning genius? Comment to fill me in.

And, in other Veronica Mars news, Neptunesite is reporting that we'll be seeing more of Sheriff Lamb next season. Excellent! By "more" I'm hoping that means "with less clothing," but Michael Muhney is such an awesome guy that I'll take whatever I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home