Friday, June 30, 2006

TV Boyfriends: Chris Turk

If it weren't for the whole "married to and expecting a child with Carla" situation, I think Turk and I could have had something. Unfortunately, I'll have to get by with adoring him from afar weekly on Scrubs. His mischievous personality, rock-solid friendship with J.D., and sweet/snarky relationship with Carla make him an absolute pleasure to watch.

Reasons why Carla is one lucky lady:

- Turk loves Lando and doesn't disguise his inner geek.

- He knows the value of a well-placed kung-fu blowout -- and comes well-prepared with tearaway scrubs. Yes, those would absolutely come in handy.

- He's a doctor, so he's got smarts and a job Mom would approve of.

- He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind--and come boogie with me. ;)

- He knows his place in the relationship. (Turk: "Dr. Miller accused me of being sexist. Me! I'm marrying Carla - who do you think wears the pants? And the shirts... and the shoes... and sometimes my underwear.")

- He has a competitive, playful nature.
Turk: "Let's play Steak."
J.D.: "What?"
Turk: "Steak. The first person to finish their steak is the winner of Steak."

- His overly serious facial expressions and pelvic thrusting could take a girl to air band utopia (see below).



Like Jason Segel, Donald Faison has long been a favorite of mine. I remember back when he wasn't "jeeping" behind Dionne's back in Clueless and wasn't intimidated by Elena in Felicity. (We can just forget about that little Sabrina, The Teenage Witch indiscretion.)

5 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only person who was brave enough to admit she watched Clueless!
You are now my friend.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

That little video made my whole day. (Even if I could only see it with one eye) : )

While explaining to Drew what I was watching, he asked, "Does Julie wish real boyfriends were like TV boyfriends?"

And I said, "No. Julie wishes that these guys WERE her boyfriends." : )

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Veltman said...

There should be no shame for loving Clueless! Let us unite in our teenage-girl tastes. :)

Oh - and Abbey - you should check out the 'kung-fu' link if you haven't already. Though I'm hoping my mention of tear-away scrubs already made that happen. ;)

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

There is NEVER shame is loving Clueless!! NEVER!!! I just got the 10th anniversary "whatever" edition for Christmas!

I am (almost) 27 years old and I LOVE CLUELESS. Not love it and have it completely memorized from beginning to end? As If!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

So I started to watch it, but then thought I'd seen it already.

Just went back and watched it. NICE! Me likey! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home