Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Shammy nominations are in!

I've decided that if you fail to recognize Lauren Graham as a nominee for Lead Actress in a Comedy, your awards show is a sham. Therefore, this post will be in regards to the recently announced Shammy nominations (formerly known as the Emmy nominations). Rather than posting all the nominees (which GMMR was already kind enough to do), I'll just be listing a few of my yays and nays.

YAY:

- Denis Leary: Leary managed to make a fiery, controversial, politically incorrect character lovable. He's utterly captivating in this role.

- Steve Carell and The Office. This show, and the character, improved by miles in the last season, so it's very rewarding to see them recognized.

- G.O.B. and Ari. I would love to see these two characters interact, and I'd love it if either Jeremy Piven or Will Arnett took home the award, as they are both highly deserving.

- Jaime Pressly is a white-trash wonder, and I'm so glad they nominated her.

NAY:

- Stockard freakin' Channing? I know the Shammy voters love her, but really, people! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

- No hombres from Grey's? No T.R. Knight? Isaiah Washington? Patrick Dempsey? No sir: we get Alan Alda and Oliver Platt instead.

- Total Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica shut-outs are a slap in the face to people who love good television. I hope Kristen, Rico, Jason, Mary, and Eddie know they are all tops in the viewers' (and many critics') eyes, even if the Shammy voters said otherwise.

Once smoke stops pouring out of my ears, I'll write another post with my favorites and my anticipated winners from the list of Shammy nominees. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a gallon of "Highly Caloric Consolation" ice cream.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also forgot Scrubs! They only got one nomination, for best comedy but Zach Braff, John C McGinley and Donald Faison (I think) got totally shafted!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Veltman said...

You're right - Scrubs actors were unjustly denied. Booo! I guess if you're an actor on a medical show, the Shammy voters just don't think about you?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Do these dumb people not know what good tv is??? I mean seriously...they left out almost EVERYTHING!!!!

Stupid Heads. (Sorry, I've been hanging out with babies and kids for about two weeks now.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home