Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Clunk. Thonk. Bwack.

I admit it. I watched Kyle XY last night. I'm not proud of myself, but I am still the same girl who once watched The Secret World of Alex Mack, and I was sort of bored and eating Frosted Mini-Wheats and maybe I just regressed back to the mental state of an eleven year old for a bit. What?! It happens! Whatever the case, watching Kyle XY seemed like a good idea at the time.

The title of this post refers to the noise that the script from Kyle XY made when coming from my television. The dialogue was clunky. The voiceovers were wooden. I get that he's supposed to be a boy without emotion, but he talks about his feelings in his sterile narratives, so presumably he feels something? And does he or does he not grasp the English language? If you know the word 'mathematics' you probably know the word 'picture.'

Anyway, I wasn't expecting quality, I was expecting entertainment, and Kyle XY delivered...marginally. The previews for upcoming episodes look like a bit of an improvement over the pilot, so perhaps I'll tune in again. I am something of a masochist, after all.

Though bellybutton-free Matt Dallas is a relative newcomer, I did spot one familiar face: The dad is played by Bruce Thomas, who also played the UPS guy who inspired hairdresser Paulette to learn the bend-and-snap in Legally Blonde. Hee. He's also a dead ringer for Bruce Campbell--which explains why he had the formidable role of 'Mini-Ash 3' in Army of Darkness (one of my favorite cheesy flicks).

Also...was that Alex Krycek I saw lurking around in a truck, spying on the wonder boy? Is anyone else square enough to admit they watched this and spotted him too?

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Veltman said...

I knew it wasn't the Original Bruce, but the whole show through I kept thinging "Where do I know this guy from???" until the image of him saying "I've got a package" finally came to mind. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home