Monday, August 14, 2006

Ain't too proud to Begley

Last week, I noted that Michael McKean had done the unthinkable and passed on the role of the Dean of Hearst College.

This week, I'm happy to report that someone else has stepped up to the task. And no, not just anyone, but the lovely Ed Begley Jr.

As far as star sightings go, mine have been relatively mundane. Up until recently, the highlight was saying hi to Lyle Lovett when he stayed at the hotel where I front desk clerked during the summer of 2000. I haven't been lucky enough to rub elbows with the stars of Veronica Mars at the Upfronts like a certain lucky Bostonian I know. However, during a visit to Brentwood, I did once see Senor Begley driving out of a gas station in his electric car. It was one of those surreal 'that guy looks a lot like someone famous' moments that made sense later when I did some internet research and found out Begley's alter ego is environmentally-friendly Ed, peddler of green cleaners and inhabitant of a solar-powered shack in L.A.

Well, Ed, I salute you. Not just for your I-Heart-Mother-Earth ways (I drive a hybrid!), but for choosing to be part of a great TV show. Who knows, maybe Ed appearing on the show will bring in more septuagenarian viewers? My grandmother already watches the show, so this will be a little eye candy for her if nothing else. ;)

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I think Mr. Begly is a perfect person for this role. : )

If it makes you feel any better, the only famous person I've ever seen was the guy with the mustache and beret from MythBusters in San Fran...which is totally plausible.

(Although I would SWEAR I saw Keanu Reeves at the Peet's Coffee in Los Gatos when I first moved here.

A girl can dream...

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..I'm that lucky Bostonian!! Or wait, were you talking about Ducky b/c he was there too. I've been pretty lucky to meet a few celebs along the way. Looking to hit the jackpost (aka J. Kras) in LA in a few weeks.

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you watched Six Feet Under, but his character drove that car on the show. ;-) Love him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home