Monday, June 26, 2006

Why XY?

Overwhelmed by the outpouring of responses to last Wednesday's post, I'm happy to get back up and blogging. I'll start off with a short post to ease myself back in the swing of things.

In fact, it won't just be short, but kind of creepy. I've been feeling a bit violated by the heavy promotion of the new ABC Family show Kyle XY on many of the TV sites I frequent. This bizarre, blue-eyed, bellybutton-less pretty boy (who actually looks a tad like one of my sister's ex-boyfriends) keeps popping out of the ads on the side of my screen with a stupefied expression I assume is meant to look naive and questioning. It's unnerving.

I can't find a good image of it, but if you visit the TV Guide website, you can get visually violated all on your own. Kreepy Kyle will be more than happy to tell you his show airs on Mondays at 8PM. You can also check out a Q&A with Matt Dallas, who seems decidedly less creepy in interview form, and gives some background on his show and character.

ABC Family has an uneven track record of original movies and series. I'm not ashamed that I loved Lucky 7 (featuring a pre-Grey's Anatomy McDreamy!), but wasn't exactly wowed by Celeste in the City. Maybe I'll give this a try, if only to see if Matt can keep up that expression for a whole 44 minutes. (Nicholas Cage holds the record for maintaining one expression throughout a project; see his continued "longing" face throughout City of Angels.)

Note: I just watched Season 2 of Entourage on DVD, and noticed that Matt Dallas appears in a brief scene as a producer's boy-toy. He's a cute guy--wonder why ABC Family decided to up the creep factor in all his online ads?

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I can't tell if I'm going to be annoyed by this show or slightly interested. But none-the-less, I will never be enthralled. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home