Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday movies on TV funhouse

Today, let's celebrate random dudes in film.

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion) (12pm, A&E): Is it arts, or entertainment? I'd argue neither, but it does have a choreographed dance sequence with Alan Cumming, so maybe the former.

Erin Brockovitch (2:30pm, TNT): Aaron Eckhart is awesome and a total chameleon. Watch this movie for him as Julia's heart of gold next-door biker boyfriend. Oh, and maybe for her Oscar-winning performance.

Sorority Boys (3pm, Comedy Central): I've been curious about Michael Rosenbaum ever since he was included in a segment of MTV's Cribs, showing he not only owned a karaoke machine, but sings Wham! on it.

Hidalgo (4pm, AMC): I'd watch Viggo Mortensen read a cereal box. I wouldn't, however, pay for it, which is why I didn't see this in theaters. Watch it now to feel the heat. (Of the Sahara. Perverts.)


Sunset Boulevard (5pm, TCM): William Holden, face-down in a pool, is one of my favorite images from a movie ever. Who gives good voiceover? This guy.

Highlander (8:15pm, AMC): Clancy Brown has been in a lot of movies - lots of them voiceover as well. He's even played Lex Luthor in Superman: The Animated Series! Maybe he and Rosenbaum could have a Lex-off.

Old School (8pm, TBS): Vince Vaughn knows how to turn a phrase. Earmuffs! Stereo City commercials! Snoop Dogg! Also, my sister hasn't seen this movie. I have urged her to do so because (1) she can see Ellen Pompeo before she went Grey, (2) it was partly filmed at UCLA as my roommate watched, and (3) it is very, very funny.

Wouldn't Sunset Boulevard and Old School make a lovely double feature? One of them truly is old school, and the other one just has Will Ferrell's flabby ass.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Dane Bramage said...

Clancy and Rosenbaum had a lot of fun with Justice League Unlimited where Rosenbaum as the FLash switched bodies with Clancy's Lex Luthor. I laughed everytime he tried to convince the legion of Doom that he was the bad guy by saying "I, Lex Luthor, am about to reveal my plan"

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Veltman said...

Hee! Thanks for the info; I'm totally unfamiliar with the Justice League. Rosenbaum as the Flash sounds like must-see TV, though, so I'll definitely have to look into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home