Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My dream Emmy ballot

As the song says, "all you have to do is dream." Of course, they should have been more specific with regard to a show or star getting nominated for an Emmy: "All you have to do is dream, and be on a network the Emmy voters actually consider, and do some serious campaigning, too, if you want any of these unlikely candidates to get nominated." But that wouldn't make for a very good sound clip, now would it?

Emmy nominations are announced on July 6th and the show will air on August 27th, but since the TV season is pretty much over, I'm getting a jump on the whole 'dream ballot' thing and posting a few of my totally biased, 100% uninformed opinions. You can tell they're uninformed because 1) I don't recall how many nominees are in each category 2) I'm a little fuzzy on the whole supporting vs. lead distinction and 3) I don't have the luxury of getting the submission tapes, so there are definitely things I'm missing. Nonetheless, here we go:

Drama Series
Veronica Mars
Grey's Anatomy
Battlestar Galactica
Everwood

Lead Actress for a Drama Series
Kristen Bell - Veronica Mars
Mary McDonnell - Battlestar Galactica
Allison Janney - The West Wing
Jennifer Garner - Alias

Lead Actor for a Drama Series
Jason Dohring - Veronica Mars
Bradley Whitford - The West Wing
Wentworth Miller - Prison Break
Edward James Olmos - Battlestar Galactica

Supporting Actress for a Drama Series
Katee Sackhoff - Battlestar Galactica
Chandra Wilson - Grey's Anatomy
Kate Walsh - Grey's Anatomy
Lena Olin - Alias (probably doesn't qualify, but I don't have a guest category so here she goes)

Supporting Actor for a Drama Series
Enrico Colantoni - Veronica Mars
Victor Garber - Alias
Isaiah Washington - Grey's Anatomy
Chris Pratt - Everwood

Comedy Series
The Office
How I Met Your Mother
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Gilmore Girls

Lead Actress for a Comedy Series
Lauren Graham - Gilmore Girls
Jenna Fischer - The Office (not really a lead, but that's how I think of her)
...drawing a big ole blank here and that's pretty sad

Lead Actor for a Comedy Series
John Krasinski - The Office (not a lead, maybe, except in MY HEART)
Jason Lee - My Name Is Earl
Jason Bateman - Arrested Development
Steve Carell - The Office

Supporting Actress for a Comedy Series
Jaime Pressly - My Name Is Earl
Alyson Hannigan - How I Met Your Mother
Kelly Bishop - Gilmore Girls
Jessica Walter - Arrested Development

Supporting Actor for a Comedy Series
Rainn Wilson - The Office
Michael Cera - Arrested Development
Will Arnett - Arrested Development
Ethan Suplee - My Name Is Earl
Neil Patrick Harris - How I Met Your Mother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home