Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Goodbye Spygirl

After five years, three great and two just so-so, Alias is heading off the air this Monday.

I loved this show so much when it started. The pilot episode blew me away. It was like nothing I'd ever seen. I remember pulling my sister in from the other room and insisting she watch it, marveling at the action and the angst and the acting. Jennifer Garner was a complete surprise. Strong and vulnerable and daring and fun. I loved the interplay between her life as a spy and her life as a student. It was about balancing the two sides of yourself.

I've been doing Alias recaps for GMMR for the past few weeks, and it's definitely made me think more about what I've been wanting from the show now that it's winding down. What would I like to see from the characters? What needs to get resolved for me to have closure? Who should die? (Come on, people kick the bucket in finale as a matter of course.)

So what's on my wish list:

Rambaldi resolution: There's been a lot of Rambaldi-related nonsense over the years. What's with Page 47? What was Syd really chosen for? It's time to find out.

Jack and Irina: I want these two together or apart for good. They've got chemistry like nobody's business and once we find out whether Irina is or isn't evil (they keep going back and forth on us), I want an answer.

Sloane suffers: If karma needs to bite anyone in the ass, it's this weasel.

Awesome wigs: Unless we get one really awesome, implausible, extravagant wig in the finale, it's just not going to feel like the same show that I fell in love with back in the day.

Peace: I want Syd to feel like she can take a rest and trust someone else to take care of things for a change. Constantly dealing with duplicity and spy games has got to be hard. She and Vaughn need to hang out and be a family, possibly with Vaughn shirtless.

See? It won't take much to make me happy. They've got two whole hours. I think they can pull it off.

What does the cast think about the impending signoff? Kristin over at E!Online has their thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Veltman said...

Yeah, you bet! You were very "...and your point is...?" Not quite as impressed as I was by the wig and the ass-kicking. Maybe it just wasn't as mind-blowing as your astrophysics homework. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home