Thursday, May 18, 2006

Say it ain't so

Based on the CW schedule released today, next fall we'll have to live without Everwood, as it's nowhere to be found on their schedule. I know The TV Addict is bitter, and I'm pretty unhappy about it myself.

As an added stake to the heart (or a specter of hope, depending on how you look at it), the CW website had a page up indicating that Everwood would be on their schedule, airing on Sundays (looks like they've taken it down now, but you can see it on TheTVaddict.com). Instead, they renewed Seventh Heaven. Funny, Heaven isn't exactly where I think this show should end up.

Everwood's demise is so hard to hear because I feel like the show is still at the top of their game creatively. When I talk about the events that have taken place on the show this year, it's nothing big. No one's gotten married or divorced or pregnant in the past nine months. But it doesn't matter if nothing big happens in the lives of the people you love. You love them anyway.

This exchange from Monday's episode, which I just got around to watching today, seems particularly bittersweet now.

Reid: It's weird, to think that less than a year ago I didn't even know what Everwood was.
Amy: Yeah, a lot of people say that.
Reid: But now that I do, it's like I can't imagine my life without it. I'm really going to miss this place.

And I'm really going to miss Everwood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home